Monday, October 28, 2013

Kraft Korner - A 'Flutter' card...


This time, I have tried making my own embellishments.. Yes, the butterflies that you see on the card :) They were stamped using foam stamp from Itsy Bitsy which I inked with green markers on a yellow punch paper and then fussy cut. Next, I used Faber Castell 3D outliners to do up the shiny wings. Here's a closer view:



The card itself has orange punch paper layered on to white card stock.  I had punched little butterflies out of the orange paper and stuck below them a strip of the same pattern paper (DCWV) that you see on the left side of the card. The vine and flowers are stamped and the heart trail doodle is hand-drawn. For the sentiment, I hand-cut a banner strip off a lovely golden coloured satin-finish paper from Itsy Bitsy and wrote out the sentiment using a black gel pen. I guess I should have tested it first because the ink ran through the fibre a little, making the letters fuzzy... It has given an interesting effect though. The heart spread (fluttered :)) a little too much for the shape to be made out clearly and so I used a maroon satin-finish paper to replace it with a hand-cut heart that I've stuck using double-sided adhesive foam tape to give it a raised effect. Did the same with the butterflies too...

How do you like the card? Can you suggest me which inks work best on satin-finish paper without bleeding?

I'm linking this to
1. Anything goes with Itsy Bitsy Challenge and
2. Lulupu Word Play Challenge
3. Challenges 4 Everybody

And do I need to tell for whom I made this card?  :)

16 comments:

  1. butterflies are too good Esvee :)ya the ink on satin has spread but the effect was quite matching the words..I don't know much about the ink pads but heard memento ink pads works best on glossy or coated cardstock because of fast drying nature n doesn't spread.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Radhika.. Actually, the butterflies were inspired by your foam stamping+cutting technique :) Yeah, I should try ink pads with stamps also but would also like to know which ink/pen to use if I want to write on it myself. Don't want to waste the paper on trial and error coz it's so lovely :)

      Delete
  2. very beautiful, Esvee.. the butterflies look very nice..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful romantic card EsVee.:) I love the colours. I'm sure whoever you have made it for must have loved it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasleen... And yes, V loved it!! He was amazed I made it myself. I told him this was very simple and basic compared to what many of my blogger-friends make but he wouldnt believe :)

      Delete
  4. This is nice.. :) love the flutters :)

    Thanks for playing along at Lulupu this fortnight :)

    Love
    Pratiksha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pratiksha.. It was fun participating.

      Delete
  5. So sweet Esvee - you've made some very pretty butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes with ItsyBitsy Challenge. All the very best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card...Try wet embossing if u want to make your own sentiments using heat tool and Rangers perfect pens....That way the ink wont bleed through fibers. Since all inkpads work best on cardstocks only...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ok.. Thanks for the tips Satya... Will check out on them.

      Delete
  7. Esvee what a delightful creation...love your attention to detail and especially the butteflies. And yeah ink bleeding is so frustrating but it looks charming on this card
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete