Sunday, November 30, 2014

Wire-form earrings

Wire-form earrings

Hi all.. I made these wire-formed earrings for my sister. This is the first proper wire-forming that I have ever done. I have tried coarse wire-wrapping earlier though. You might have seen my wire-wrapped faux-jade necklace.. Am yet to make the bracelet I had told then... Lazy me :-)

The main challenge in making these earrings was in replicating the shape.. You might notice that they are not exactly similar. And there are tool marks on the second one too.. Hmmm.. I need more practice! And next time I think I should use a light hammer to flatten out the shape properly.. Here I had used just the handle of my pliers to flatten :-)

 But I like the way they've turned out.. Much better than what I expected. The design is like the traditional kolam/rangoli we draw at home, right? Do you like them?

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous!! I have been wanting to try these for a long time... they are in my pinterest board... you have a lot of patience :)
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berina!! This was on my wishlist too for quite a long time...

      Delete